Please prepare and send the following documents:
- Completed and signed application form for international students.
- Digital passport photo in the application form and attached in the mail. Submit this file as a jpeg for your student ID card.
- Most recent official Transcript of Records (with grading scale) in English or German
- Proof of English language skills if English is not your native language (more information below)
- Your resumé/curriculum vitae in English (for a semester in German, write this in German)
- Your course choice: DHBW Learning Agreement (for non-EU students) or Erasmus Learning Agreement (for EU students if you have no Erasmus+ Learning Agreement from your home university) signed by the departmental & institutional coordinators.
- Scan of passport (for non-EU students) or ID card (for EU students)
- Proof of Health Insurance: EU-students: please send a scan of your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) with your application. Non-EU-students and all students without EHIC are expected to join the Germany satutory health insurance.
- Date of start of university studies
Please provide the International Office with a valid email address, which you access regularly. Please also ensure that your scans are of high quality, as we cannot accept photographs of documents. To complete the application, please download the documents and fill them out by computer. You can open the document for editing by clicking the button next to the printer.
Letter of acceptance
After processing your application, the International Office at DHBW Heilbronn will send you an official letter of acceptance with further instructions. If necessary, this letter of acceptance can be used to apply for a student visa.
To join the Heilbronn International Program, non-native English speakers require English language proficiency commensurate with the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Language (CEFR). Please note that students who wish to enroll in courses outside of HIP will need to demonstrate German proficiency at the C1 level or above for courses instructed in German. If you have questions about appropriate documentation for proof of your language level, please contact us.