DHBW Heilbronn welcomes students from all over the world and supports them on their path to professional success. The Heilbronn region is a manufacturing and trade hub of global players and hidden champions. In this region, DHBW Heilbronn is a center of excellence for training a new generation of international managers for companies spanning the entire value chain, located on a campus which hosts a wide variety of different educational institutions, research institutions and start-up incubators. In order to succeed in tomorrow’s economy, students require substantial economic know-how in addition to international experience, foreign language skills and cultural understanding.
To help our exchange students acquire these essential skills and valuable knowledge, we have developed the Heilbronn International Program (HIP), a comprehensive one-semester experience, combining a challenging academic schedule taught in English with German language courses and cultural management training. Study trips will enhance your comprehension of the course content and familiarize you with the German culture.
- runs during the Fall semester only, end of August to beginning of December
- is taught entirely in English by highly experienced and dedicated German and International faculty who promote a very interactive and practice-oriented teaching style.
- offers a variety of modules within the field of Business Administration, students may choose a course load of up to 30 ECTS points.
- gives exchange students the opportunity to be studying alongside German students.
- offers a comprehensive start into your “German experience”: it kicks off with two weeks of orientation where we familiarize you with Heilbronn and help you get settled (registration, health insurance, accommodation)
- includes an intensive language course during the Orientation weeks with the option to enroll in a German course throughout the semester
- includes a Cultural Awareness and Management Course during Orientation weeks
- offers various study trips throughout the semester
- week-end trip to Berlin
- University nominates students by March 1, 2023
- Students receive application form by March 15, 2023
- Students return application by April 30, 2023
- Orientation Weeks, August 28, 2023 - September 9, 2023
- First Day of Classes, September 11, 2023
- Trip to Berlin, September 21, 2023 - September 24, 2023
- Exam Period, November 20, 2023 - November 24, 2023
- Company visits period, November 27, 2023 - December 01, 2023
The DHBW Heilbronn is part of The Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg (DHBW), Baden-Wuerttemberg Corporate State University, which is the largest university system in the federal state of Baden-Württemberg with more than 34.000 enrolled students at 9 different locations. Each campus functions as a separate entity, specializing in different degree courses, which reflect regional economic development and ties to local industry. A dual study program is unique as it combines university studies with practical experience in a company. Therefore, students alternate between academic studies at the university and work-place training at their chosen company for the duration of their 3-year-degree-program.
The DHBW Heilbronn is located in the city of Heilbronn, surrounded by vineyards; it lies in the heart of the Heilbronn-Franken region, an area well known not only for its world market leaders but also as a hub of innovative small and medium sized companies. The DHBW Heilbronn builds on these regional ties and offers the following degree programs and their specializations:
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration in
- Service Management
- Food Management
- Digital Commerce Management
- Technical Management
Bachelor of Science in Business Information Technology
Bachelor of Science in Wine Technology and Management
With its cultural institutions and opportunities for further education, Heilbronn is not only a city of universities, but a city of knowledge.