Proof of Financing
In order to get a visa you must be able to prove that you can finance your studies. The German authorities assume a certain minimum amount which you must have at your disposal each month. At the moment this lies at 670 Euro per month. Proof of financing can be shown in different ways. It is imperative that you enquire at the German Embassy in your country in what form the proof should be shown!
In principle the following ways are possible:
- Your parents submit appropriate statements of income and assets.
- Someone living in Germany guarantees the Aliens Department that they will bear the costs for you.
- An amount is deposited as security onto a blocked account.
- You provide a bank guarantee.
- You receive a scholarship from a recognised garantor.